New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate with friends and family. Most people either go out on the town or to a friends house to celebrate. If you or your loved ones have a few drinks tonight, here are some ways to make sure everyone gets home safe and sound.
- Eat a large dinner before drinking. Many people may forget this step, which can be dangerous. If you plan on drinking, it would be wise to make sure you eat enough before hand.
- Drink water with your alcohol. A great way to avoid becoming overly intoxicated is to try to drink one glass of water for every beer or cocktail you have.
- Limit the shots. A lot of people like to take shots with their friends, but this is something that can cause you to drink more than you are aware of drinking. Slow your consumption down with mixed drinks to make sure you are pacing yourself.
- Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know. If you are at a bar, make sure you watch the bartender pour the drink and hand it directly to you. If you are at a house party, pour your own cocktails or beer.
- Make sure you get a safe ride home. You can use Uber or Lyft to order a ride. You can call a cab company based on your area. AAA also offers a Safe Ride Program that is dedicated to getting you home safely during the holidays.